In New York State, a traffic offense can be either an infraction, a violation, a misdemeanor, and in some instances a felony. You could end up with a criminal record simply by pleading guilty to a traffic ticket. No one should plead guilty to a ticket without consulting an attorney knowledgeable in traffic law.
The Law Office of Stuart A. Kanoff & Associates has been successfully defending drivers for more than twenty years. Our firm aggressively pursues the dismissal or reduction of DMV Points, charges and fines. Although a traffic ticket can seem like a simple matter, simply paying a ticket can allow the Department of Motor Vehicles to assess points on your license, impose a driver assessment fee, can cause your insurance rates to increase and could even cause your license to be suspended or revoked.
For most traffic tickets, an attorney from our firm can appear in traffic court on your behalf. In fact, many courts will allow us to resolve your case without you coming to court, saving you time and in most instances saving points on your license and money.
Our firm handles all traffic tickets in Nassau (including those heard in local village courts), Suffolk, Bronx, Queens, Kings, New York, and Westchester Counties. Additionally our firm handles tickets in Broome, Onondaga, Stuben and Montgomery counties.
The following list of Court are the Courts our attorneys frequently appear in:
- Nassau County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency, 16 Cooper Street, Hempstead
- Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency, 100 Veterans Memorial Highway, Hauppauge
- Hempstead Village Traffic Court, 99 Nichols Court, Hempstead
- Lynbrook Village Court, 1 Columbus Circle, Lynbrook
- East Hills Village Court, 209 Harbor Hill Road, East Hills
- North Hills Village Court, 1 Shelter Rock Road, Roslyn
- Freeport Village Court, 40 North Ocean Avenue, Freeport
- Garden City Village Court, 351 Stewart Avenue, Garden City
- Lake Success Village Court, 15 Vanderbilt Drive, Lake Success
- Islandia Village Court, 1100 Old Nichols Road, Islandia
- Rockville Centre Village Court, 1 College Place, Rockville Centre
- Valley Stream Justice Court, 123 South Central Avenue, Valley Stream
- Old Westbury Village Court, 1 Store Hill Road, Old Westbury
- Farmingdale Village Court, 361 Main Street, Farmingdale
- Long Beach City Court, 1 West Chester Street, Long Beach
- Atlantic Beach Village Court, 65 The Plaza, Atlantic Beach
- Southampton Village Justice Court, 151 Windmill Lane, Southampton
- Southampton Town Court, 32 Jackson Avenue, Hampton Bays
- Riverhead Justice Court, 210 Howell Avenue, Riverhead
Our office is located within walking distance of the Nassau County Traffic & Parking Violations Agency located at 16 Cooper Street and the Hempstead Village Court located at 99 Nichols Court. Our attorneys appear several times a week at the Nassau County Traffic Court. We have successfully handled hundreds of cases at the Nassau County Traffic Court. Our plea bargains have allowed numerous driver's to keep their license, avoid points and avoid driver responsibility assessment fees imposed by the DMV. We have filed hundreds of motions requesting the court to dismiss tickets based on defects found in the ticket, as well as in the supporting depositions. The Nassau County Traffic Court Judges have granted numerous motions on our clients behalf dismissing hundreds of tickets.
Our office also appears regularly at the Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency (SCTPVA) located at 100 Veterans Memorial Highway in Hauppauge. We have successfully negotiated numerous plea bargains on a variety of tickets including speeding, cell phone violations, turning violations, seatbelt violations, unlicensed operator, as well as numerous others. Our office has successfully negotiated 0 point plea negotiations from six and even eight point speeding violations.